Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mountains





This is a picture from when i went to Pilot Mountain


With the Appalachian Trail, and the Blue Ridge Parkway running threw North Carolina you know that North Carolina has great mountains to visit.
My favorite to visit just because they are closer to me are Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Stone mountain. Pilot mountain I go to if I want to see amazing views and walk some easy nature walks, Hanging Rock I go to if I want to see some water falls or swim in their mountain lake and maybe catch a great view or so, Stone mountain has amazing nature hikes from easy to very intense, streams, waterfalls, and is a great place to camp. There are plenty more great places to go for example going toward Tennessee you can go to Cherokee do a little gambaling , maybe soak in the hot springs in Asheville, take in the views at Chimney Rock or take a ride up to Grandfather mountain. Now Grandfather mountain I have always wanted to go, you can go on there mile high swinging bridge if your not afraid of heights. The reasons I have not made it is that its far a way and it cost money to go, Adults are $15, children from 4-12 are $7, and under 4 they are free. I also recommend going to Fairy Stone Park, theres a legend there that when the fairies that lived in that forest found out about Jesus death they cried and all of their tears formed into rocks in the shape of crosses. People can go to Fairy stone Park and find these unique rocks that are shaped like crosses for free. My favorite out of all of the mountains I have been to in the great state of North Carolina is Stone Mountain just because of all of the great things that it offers. Here is a link to their site
http://www.stateparks.com/stone_mountain.html

This is a picture of when I traveld on the Blue Ridge Parkway
 
This is a picture of Pilot Mountain















<> 
This is a video of when I went to Hanging Rock
 <> 
This is a picture at stone mountain


 









5 comments:

  1. These pictures are really cool, sounds like a fun place to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you included Pilot Mountain in your pictures - the mountains up in Stokes/Surry county are gorgeous. I am curious to see if you'll include any of the waterfalls from Hanging Rock (my favorite place to hike).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics of Chimney rock... correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to traverse Pilot Mountain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanging Rock is awesome, I go there camping every year.

    ReplyDelete